Thursday, May 1, 2014

How to Stalk Draco Malfoy, Part 2

I'm sure many of you are familiar with Draco Malfoy.

And no, I don't mean the "Tom Felton" Draco Malfoy.


I mean the Draco Malfoy from this post here. Actually, don't click on that link. It was the first post back in 2011 and it's terrible.

Brief Recap: Tom Felton/Draco Malfoy is:
  • A guy who goes to my school
  • A grade above me (so he's in gr 12)
  •  He is in the visual arts program (in my post about him from grade nine, I say that he's in the music program. I thought this because I saw him holding a trumpet case one day, but nah, he's in vis).
  • Looks like Tom Felton (obvs)
  • His name is not actually Tom. It would be funny if it was, though
  • AND HE IS SITTING AT MY TABLE IN ONE OF MY COURSES
That's right. He sits at my table now.

I find it really interesting, actually. I started off my high school career being unhealthily intrigued by this guy and writing an entire blog post about him. Now I'm almost done my high school career and my muse is sitting right next to me in my favourite subject.

I know that the title of this post hints at the idea that I've gone back to "stalking" Malfoy (if by stalking, you mean asking other people what grade someone is in and happening to walk by their locker while they're opening it). Well, I haven't. I've found a new victim.

So there's this South Korean actor who plays a character named Haje in a Korean drama called Boys Over Flowers. 


And there's this guy in grade ten drama who looks like a white version of Haje. White Haje wears glasses though. But so does actual Haje! (in BOF, at least)


See? See?

And I am itching to tell White Haje that he reminds me of Asian Haje.

Meeting someone who looks like a celebrity is like opening a book. And the only way to close it is by becoming at peace with yourself, and this can only be accomplished by telling said celebrity look-alike that they look like, well, a celebrity.

There have been so many opportunities to talk to White Haje. I walk by him almost every day in the halls, my friends who take the city bus to school sometimes sit next to him, and he came to our school's literary arts coffee house. He saw me READ! And I saw him laughing in the audience! He was also listening to my ghost story and was LAUGHING! (my pieces were supposed to be funny, by the way. Thanks to Flav for helping me write the poem!). I had this great euphoric feeling after that night and my ego had inflated five times over, so I was so tempted to walk right up to this guy and confess my feelings about him. Also, I was on noopept that night, but I doubt that affected anything.

But I didn't say anything. Couldn't. I approached him several time while his back was turned, opened my mouth, then shook my head and skittered away. Not because I was embarrassed. But because I didn't know what to say.

  • Hey man, you look like a white version of this South Korean actor, haww
  • Hey! You probably don't know me but I'm Kayla and I just wanted to let you know that you look like this South Korean celebrity!
  • WHITE HAJE WHITE HAJE WHITE HAJE *HYPERVENTILATES*
  • So K-dramas. You heard of 'em?
THERE IS JUST NO WAY TO TELL SOMEONE THEY LOOK LIKE A CELEBRITY WITHOUT COMMUNICATING ALL YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THAT CELEBRITY INTO YOUR SENTENCES AND UUUUAAAAAIIIEEEE

I bet that at the end of the year, when I finally make my confession, he'll just be like: "Oh, okay."

Watch that happen, I swear. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!